Incorporated in 1991, Godrej Agrovet is India based agri-business Company offering products including Animal Feed, Crop Protection, Oil Palm, Dairy and Poultry and Processed Foods. Godrej Agrovet is leading animal feed company and the largest crude palm oil producer in India.
- In animal feed business, the products comprises cattle feed, poultry feed (broiler and layer), aqua feed (fish and shrimp) and specialty feed. The products are produced at 35 facilities and sold through 4000 distributors across India.
- In crop protection business, company produces plant growth regulators, organic manures, generic agrochemicals and specialized herbicides. The products are sold in India and 24 countries. Company has over 6000 distributors in this business segment.
- In oil palm business, the products include crude palm oil, crude palm kernel oil and palm kernel cake. Company owns five palm oil mills.
- The dairy business is operate through a subsidiary Creamline Dairy. Company sell milk and milk based products under the ‘Jersey’ in 5 south India states. Company own nine milk processing units. Company has 2,500 milk product distributors and 50 retail parlors.
- Company also produce processed poultry and vegetarian products under the brands ‘Real Good Chicken’ and ‘Yummiez’.
1. Pan-India presence with extensive supply and distribution network.
2. Diversified businesses with five business verticals.
3. Emphasis on R&D
4. Part of the Godrej group. Part of strong ‘Godrej’ brand.
5. Leading position in the segments it operate.
Objects of the Issue:
The Issue comprises a Fresh Issue and an Offer for Sale.
Offer for Sale
Each of the Selling Shareholders will be entitled to the respective portion of the proceeds of the Offer for Sale net of their proportion of Issue related expenses. Our Company will not receive any proceeds from the Offer for Sale.Except for listing fees which shall be solely borne by our Company, all Issue expenses will be shared, upon successful completion of the Issue, between our Company and the Selling Shareholders on a pro-rata basis, in proportion to the Equity Shares issued and allotted by our Company in the Fresh Issue and the Equity Shares sold by the Selling Shareholders in the Offer for Sale.
Our Company proposes to utilise the Net Proceeds from the Fresh Issue towards:
(i) repayment or prepayment of working capital facilities availed by our Company;
(ii) repayment of commercial papers issued by our Company; and
(iii) general corporate purposes, subject to the applicable laws.
Issue size is between Rs 1145 to 1157 Cr. The public issue of Godrej Agrovet Limited
The Promoters of the Company are Nadir B Godrej and Adi B Godrej
- Nadir B. Godrej, aged 66, is the Chairman and Non-Executive Director of our Company. He holds a bachelor’s degree in science as recommended by the department of chemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a master’s degree in business administration from Harvard University. He has been associated with our Company since November 25, 1991. He has experience in leading businesses, and has played an important role in developing the animal feed, agricultural input and chemicals businesses owned by the Godrej group. His active interest in research related to these areas has resulted in several patents in the field of agricultural chemicals and surfactants for our Company. He is the recipient of the CHEMTECH CEW leadership & excellence award 2013 and the ‘Hall of Fame – Chemicals Award’ – CHEMTECH CEW leadership & excellence award 2017. He is also the recipient of various awards from the CHEMTECH Foundation in honour of his contribution to the Indian chemical industry. He is also Member of the CII National Council, was the Chairman of the CII National Committee on Chemicals and the President of Alliance Française de Bombay. For his contribution to Indo-French relations, the French Government has honoured him with the awards of “Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite” and “Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur”. He was appointed as a Director of our Company with effect from November 25, 1991.
- Adi B. Godrej, aged 75, is a Non Executive Director of our Company. He holds a bachelor’s degree in industrial management and a master’s degree in industrial management from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has been associated with our Company since November 25, 1991. He has experience in leading businesses. He is chairman of the board of the Indian School of Business, and past president of the Confederation of Indian Industry. He has previously been a member of the Wharton Asian Executive Board. He is the recipient of several awards and recognitions including the Padma Bhushan, the Rajiv Gandhi Award, The Entrepreneur of the Year for the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2010, AIMA-JRD Tata Corporate Leadership Award 2010, Bombay Management Association-Management Man of the Year Award 2010- 2011, Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the year 2012, The Asian Awards – Entrepreneur of the Year 2013, the All India Management Association Business Leader of the Year 2014 and the Clinton Global Citizen Award 2016. He was appointed as a Director of our Company with effect from November 25, 1991. Company Contact details
Godrej One, 3rd Floor, Pirojshanagar, Eastern Express Highway, Mumbai, Maharashtra – 400079
Phone: 25194416 Fax: 25195124. http://www.godrejagrovet.com